Skip to content
Alexander "Ted" King, Jr.
- Name: Alexander "Ted" King Jr.
- Location of Birth: Coleraine, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: October 1, 1918
- Date of Death: June 12, 2004
- Parents: Alexander King, Sr. & Marietta (Murray) King
- High School and Class: 1935 Greenway High School, Coleraine, Minnesota
- College: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Columbia University, New York, New York - Master's Degree
- Highest Rank: LT (Lieutenant)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: July 22, 1942
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: May 1959
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
WW II Draft Registration Cards – 10/16/1940 – 03/31/1947
Name: Alexander King, Jr.
Birth Date: October 1, 1918
Birth Place: Coleraine, Minnesota
Residence Place: West Allis, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Registration Date: October 16, 1940
Employer: Allis Chalmers Mfg. Co., West Allis, Wisconsin
Eye Color: Gray
Hair Color: Brown
Next of Kin: Alexander King, Sr., father, Coleraine, Itasca, Minnesota
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Ted King graduated from the University of Minnesota and earned a Masters Degree from Columbia University. He was a financial executive with W. R. Grace & Co. in New York City; then moved to Tampa in 1972 to work with PhosRock (Phosphate Rock Export Association). He enjoyed history, piano, and tutoring children.
Ted died in Brandon, Florida. He is survived by his wife, Virginia; children, Alexander III, Elizabeth, Peter, and Alison; and eight grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his daughter Andrea.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):