Skip to content
Alfred Clyde Lease
- Name: Alfred Clyde Lease
- Location of Birth: Hillman, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: November 22, 1925
- Date of Death: July 12, 1975 (49 years old)
- Parents: John Nelson and Mabel(Lottie) Lease
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: PVT (Private)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: United States Army Air Forces
- Date Sworn In: November 15, 1945 (enlistment date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: April 20, 1946 (release date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Alfred married Nora Davis at Hillman, Minnesota on June 6, 1946 and the family then resided at Onamia for nine years before coming to Grand Rapids, Minnesota, where he was employed as crusher foreman for the Hawkinson Construction Company for 22 years.
He was a member of the Loyal Order of Moose Lodge 2023 and the McVeigh-Dunn Post of the American Legion in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
Alfred died after he fell from the back of a pickup truck. He was standing in the back of a pickup truck when he apparently lost his balance and hit his head on the pavement. He died later that day at Itasca Memorial Hospital.
He is survived by his wife, Nora; two daughters Mrs. Wallace (Carol) Fox, and Mrs. Roger (Paulette) Tobeck; three sons, Gregory, Randy, and Mark; three sisters, Mrs. Frank Simms, Mrs. Richard Simms, and Mrs. Elsie Bachman; six brothers, Edward, Renard, Henry, Elmer, Burt, and Paul; and six grandchildren. His mother, Mrs. Mable Lease, resides in Milaca, Minnesota.
Buried in Harris Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot 188.8.131.52)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):