Skip to content
Alice H. Wivell-Gemmill
- Name: Alice H. Wivell-Gemmill
- Location of Birth: Racine, Wisconsin
- Date of Birth: January 25, 1922
- Date of Death: December 14, 1993 (71 years old)
- Parents: Pastor Frederick Hauser and Edith (Davey) Hauser
- High School and Class: St. Peter High School. St. Peter, Minnesota
- College: Mankato State University, Mankato, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: CPL (Corporal)
- Branch: Marine Corp
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: May 16, 1943
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: October 5, 1945
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Alice was an active member of St. Andrew's Lutheran Church in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
She married James W. Wivell on March 24, 1946, in Coleraine, Minnesota. He died in 1970. She then married David Gemmill on August 31, 1991, at their lake home in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
Preceded in death by her first husband, a son, a brother and her parents; she is survived by her husband; three daughters, Paula Leivestad, Rebecca Dawley, and Kathryn Mattson; one son, Charles Wivell; two brothers, Millard Hauser and Fred Hauser; one sister, Edith Hauser; and four grandchildren.
Alice died at her winter home in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Funeral services were in Colorado Springs, Colorado, a memorial service was held at Trinity Lutheran Church in St. Peter, Minnesota; and burial was in Woodland Cemetery at St. Peter, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):