Skip to content
Allen E. McLaughlin
- Name: Allen E. McLaughlin
- Location of Birth:
- Date of Birth: October 9, 1931
- Date of Death: March 30, 1977 (45 years old)
- Parents: ? and Hazel McLaughlin
- High School and Class: 1949 - Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- College: Attended business school in Minneapolis, Minnesota for one year.
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Allen came to Grand Rapids, Minnesota as an infant.
Allen worked with the state highway department until 1959 when he went to work for the Village of Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
He married Joan Murray in Grand Rapids, Minnesota on April 12, 1958.
He was a member of the Community Presbyterian Church and the Itasca Curling Club in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
Survivors include his wife, Joan; two daughters, Jean and Sue; mother, Mrs. Hazel McLaughlin; and one sister, Mrs. Fred (Marilyn) Shannon.
Allen died in Minneapolis and is buried in Harris Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot 18.104.22.168)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):