Skip to content
- Name: Amelia Dwyer
- Location of Birth: Nashwauk, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: May 23, 1921
- Date of Death: December 14, 2000 (79 years old)
- Parents: Victor and Viviene Monico
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: HM1 (Hospital Corpsman Petty Officer 1st Class)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: 1945
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: 1949
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Amelia joined the United States Navy in 1945 as a WAVE (Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Services). She was honorably discharged in 1949.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Amelia married Frank Dwyer in 1946.
Amelia was preceded in death by her husband, Frank.
She is survived by a son, Barry; and two daughters, Monica Sadowski and Vicki Pardee; four brothers and five sisters.
Amelia died in Crystal River, Florida and is buried in Florida National Cemetery at Bushnell, Florida. (Sec 444, Site 162)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):