Skip to content
Anthony "Tony" William Youngberg
- Name: Anthony "Tony" William Youngberg
- Location of Birth: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: August 12, 1939
- Date of Death: February 5, 2001 (61 years old)
- Parents: Archie Youngberg and Shirley Bredberg
- High School and Class: Wayzata High School, Wayzata, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: RD 2 (Radarman Petty Officer 2nd Class)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: 1957
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: 1960
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Tony served in the United States Navy from 1957 to 1960.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Tony worked in Minneapolis, Minnesota as a purchasing manager until 1973.
He owned and managed Kokomo Resort from 1973 until the present and retired from the United States Forest Service after twenty-five years of service in December of 1999.
Tony was a life member of the Talmoon Veterans of Foreign Wars in Talmoon, Minnesota, the Deer RIver American Legion in Deer River, Minnesota and the National Association of Retired Federal Employees.
He is survived by his wife of 38 years, Vivian; sons, Donald, Todd and Colin; stepmother, Lorraine Youngberg; siblings, Sharon Jennen, Dennis, Cheryl, Pat, Jerri, Jacki, Shirley, Joanne, Betty, David, and Leland; and two grandchildren.
Preceding him in death were his father, Archie Youngberg and his mother, Shirley Bredberg.
Tony died at Marcell, Minnesota and is buried in Greenwood Cemetery
- Tribal Affiliation(s):