Skip to content
Benjamin "Ben" C. Dysart
- Name: Benjamin "Ben" C. Dysart
- Location of Birth: Deer River, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: December 25, 1912
- Date of Death: March 19, 2006 (93 years old)
- Parents: Joseph W. and Myrtle Dysart
- High School and Class: 1931 - Deer River High School, Deer River, Minnesota
- College: one year at Itasca Junior College in Coleraine, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: S SGT (Staff Sergeant)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: United States Army Air Forces
- Date Sworn In: February, 1942 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Ben enlisted in the United States Army Air Forces in February of 1942 and served for 46 months.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
After one year of college at Itasca Junior College, Ben joined his father on the family farm.
After he retired from farming in 1963, due to health problems, he worked for the Department of Natural Resources and Mostoller Wood Products Company, retiring in 1978.
Ben married Evelyn Mae Henning on June 26, 1942 at Sheppard Field in Wichita Falls, Texas.
He was a lifetime member of the Deer River United Methodist Church in Deer River, Minnesota, serving in many capacities, one being treasurer for 18 years. Other activities were 4H Club, Farm Bureau, Board of Directors of Farmers Coop Exchange, treasurer of the Farmer's Coop Telephone Association, Clerk of Deer River Township for 50 years, Board of Directors of Itasca Mutual Insurance Company for 34 years, Itasca County Board of Adjustment and Itasca County Dairy Herd Improvement Association.
Ben was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, John and babies, Ben, Jr. and Sue.
He is survived by his wife, Evelyn.
Ben is buried in Pine Ridge Cemetery at Deer River, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):