Skip to content
Benjamin F. Grussendorf
- Name: Benjamin F. Grussendorf
- Location of Birth: Fairfax, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: July 27, 1906
- Date of Death: June 7, 1998 (92 years old)
- Parents: Deitrich Grussendorf and Eleanore (Fenske) Grussendorf
- High School and Class:
- College: Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minnesota
Unversity of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: 1ST LT (First Lieutenant)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Benjamin grew up on an Itasca County farm.
He married Fern Phyllis Ross.
Ben was elected Itasca County Attorney, serving for thirty-three years. He was appointed Ninth Judicial District Judge by Governor Harold LeVander in 1968 and continued serving in the capacity of judge until 1982.
Preceding him in death were his wife, Fern, brothers, and a sister.
Benjamin is survived by two sons, Ben F. and Kurt; two grandchildren and two great-grandsons.
Benjamin died at Woodland Good Samaritan Village in Brainerd, Minnesota and is buried in Harris Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot 1.7.2.x)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):