Skip to content
Betty June Adams Patterson
- Name: Betty June Patterson (Adams)
- Location of Birth: Itasca County, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: June 6, 1926
- Date of Death: February 8, 2012
- Parents: Chester Adams & Amy (Eddy) Adams
- High School and Class: 1944 Greenway High School, Coleraine, Minnesota
- Highest Rank:
- Other Branch: Cadet Nurse Corps
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
June Adams started her Cadet Nurse's Training at St. Luke's Hospital in Duluth, Minnesota in September 1944.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
June Adams made a trip to California in 1948 to visit her sister, and stayed to marry the love of her life, Wade Patterson, in 1952. She made a career in nursing and made a life in loving her family. She was an avid reader, gardener and expert knitter. She liked to keep her hands busy. June made pasties with the youth and later the women of the Methodist Church of Grass Valley, California as well as in her own home. She taught her children and grandchildren the value of hard work and helping others.
June Patterson died in Grass Valley, California. She is survived by her husband Wade Patterson; children Marjorie Patterson, Dan & Marcia Patterson, and Ruth Patterson; and her sister Nellie Martin. She was predeceased by her parents and 12 brothers and sisters.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):