Skip to content
Charles “Chuck” G. Childs
- Name: Charles "Chuck" G. Childs
- Location of Birth: Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: November 17, 1936
- Date of Death: August 24, 2001 (64 years old)
- Parents: Ray Childs and Marian (Renshaw) Childs
- High School and Class: Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- College: 1988 - Itasca Community College, Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
- Highest Rank: A1C (Airman First Class)
- Branch: Air Force
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
In 1954, Chuck joined the United States Air Force and served four years.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Following discharge from the service in 1958, Chuck worked twenty years at the United States Post Office in Minneapolis, Minnesota. In the late 1970's, he moved to Grand Rapids, worked at various jobs in the area. In May of 1988, Chuck earned an Associate Degree of Applied Science with a degree in marketing management, and for the past three years was employed at the Itasca Nursing Home in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
He is survived by two sons, Daniel (Darlene) and Steve; three sisters, Virginia Longballa, Joyce (Leonard) Deering, and Carol (Roger) Messer; five brothers, Robert "Bob" (Anne), Sr., Donald, Loren, David (Judy), and Ray, Jr. (Marg); three grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Preceding him in death were his parents and two sisters, Myrna Carlson
and Doris Childs.
Buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-C-35-19)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):