- Name: Charles Herbert Point
- Location of Birth: Trout Lake, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: January 29, 1914
- Date of Death: February 24, 1971 (57 years old)
- Parents: Helmer Point and Hilma (Lassila) Point
- High School and Class: Greenway High School, Coleraine, Minnesota
- College: Itasca Junior College - Coleraine, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: S SGT
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: March 22, 1943
- Place Sworn In: San Diego, California
- Date of Discharge: March 31, 1946
- Place of Discharge: San Diego, California
Units and Locations:
Start Date End Date Unit(s) and Location(s) Served 1254 Combat Engineers Battalion
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Information from World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946:
Name: Charles H. Point
Marital status: Married
Birth Year: 1914
Nativity State or Country: Minnesota
Residence: San Diego, California or Panama Canal
Education: Post Graduate
Civil Occupation: Shipping and receiving clerks
Enlistment Date: March 22, 1943
Enlistment Place: Los Angeles, California
Charles served with the California Medical Detachment, 1254 Engineers Battalion. He was head of this medical detachment.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Charles formerly lived in Taconite, Minnesota.
Charles married Irene Frances Gordon on February 17, 1942 in Los Angeles, California.
After his schooling in Greeley, Colorado, Charles went into the military service.
After military service, he went into teaching where he eventually accepted a position at the American High School in Augsburg, Germany where he became assistant principal. Charles was a teacher and an artist. At the time of his death, he was working as a civilian with the United States Army.
Survivors are his wife, Irene; two daughters, Mrs. Pamela Sundheim and Priscilla Point; a brother, Uno; and three sisters, Mrs. William Lillquist, Mrs. John Lane, and Mrs. Donald Meils.
Charles died in Augsburg, Germany of a heart attack. He is buried in Lakeview Cemetery at Coleraine, Minnesota. (Block 121)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):