Skip to content
Clarence George Gauvreau
- Name: Clarence George Gauvreau
- Location of Birth: Nashwauk, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: March 5, 1916
- Date of Death: March 15, 2001 (85 years old)
- Parents: Joseph Gauvreau and Stella (Payment) Gauvreau
- High School and Class: 1934 - Nashwauk High School, Nashwauk, Minnesota
- College: Itasca Junior College - Coleraine, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: AM 2 C (Aviation Metalsmith Petty Officer 2nd Class or Aviation Structural Mechanic Petty Officer 2nd Class)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: 1940
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: 1946
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Clarence served at the Panama Canal from 1940 to 1946.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Clarence was in the CCC's in Nevis, Minnesota.
Clarence married Helen Netzel in 1943 and moved to Seattle, Washington.
He owned his own construction company and was featured in an article in Parade magazine.
Clarence was a member of St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Seattle, which he helped build. He loved to play bridge.
Clarence is preceded in death by his parents and two sisters; Annabell Filpula and Mary Jane Beauclair.
He is survived by his wife, Helen; children, Bob, Kathy, and Jean Marie; four grandchildren; his brother, Donald Payment; and many nieces and nephews.
Clarence died in Seattle, Washington and is buried in Tahoma National Cemetery at Kent, Washington. (Section 23, Site 2001)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):