Skip to content
Clarence Parcher Chambers
- Name: Clarence Parcher Chambers
- Location of Birth: Remer, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: January 19, 1921
- Date of Death: September 6, 1997 (76 years old)
- Parents: Willaim Chambers and Florence (Jackson) Chambers
- High School and Class: Remer High School, Remer, Minnesota
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: Army Air Force
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
He was a United States Army Air Force veteran of World War II and served in Indo-China.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Clarence married Mary Ludenback on August 29, 1941 in Remer, Minnesota.
Following the service, he lived in Grand Rapids, Minnesota and was a longtime area resident. He worked at the CCC camps in the Cass County area for sometime. He worked as an electrician for Blandin Paper Company for thirty-seven years, retiring in 1983, and was a member of Independent Union of Paper Makers.
He is survived by his wife, Mary; two daughters, Linda Chambers and Shirley Broking; two sons, Dick and Ken; a sister, Ella McCahon; a brother, Leo, eleven grandchildren; and fourteen great-grandchildren.
Preceding him in death were his parents; three brothers, Amos, Jess and Burt; three sisters, Elsie Block, Opal Chambers, and Violet Armstrong.
Buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-G-08-2-9)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):