Skip to content
Clayton Lee Dornbush
- Name: Clayton Lee Dornbush
- Location of Birth: Waukegan, Illinois
- Date of Birth: December 14, 1934
- Date of Death: April 28, 1999 (64 years old)
- Parents: Edwin and Lydia Dornbush
- High School and Class:
- College: Master's Degree in Biblical Theology
- Highest Rank: PFC (Private First Class)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: United States Marines
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Clayton was a Korean Conflict veteran serving in the United States Army and the United States Marines.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Clayton lived most of his life in McHenry County, Illinois and spent most of his vacations at Birch Lake before moving to Bovey, Minnesota in 1992.
He was a minister in the Bible Church in Kingston, Missouri.
Clayton attended the Calvary Pines Baptist Church in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
He was a retired truck driver for Teamsters Union and a member of the Teamsters Union Local No. 301 of the AFL-CIO in Chicago, Illinois.
Clayton is survived by a son, Robert; four daughters, Katherine Westgate, Dana Benton, Michelle Wettstein; and Laurie Peters; a sister, Joan Allen; his mother Lydia Dornbush; and twelve grandchildren.
Preceding him in death was his father, Edwin.
Clayton died at his property on Birch Lake in Itasca County, Minnesota and is buried in Lakeview Cemetery at Coleraine, Minnesota. (Original - Block 30, Row 8)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):