Skip to content
Clayton Maurice Erven
- Name: Clayton Maurice Erven
- Location of Birth: Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: May 11, 1927
- Date of Death: March 9, 1996 (68 years old)
- Parents: Charles and Velma Erven
- High School and Class: attended school in Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: PFC (Private First Class)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Clayton served in the 7th Division of the United States Army.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Clayton worked as a heavy equipment operator in the Midwest and Southwestern states.
He returned to Warba, Minnesota in 1968 and retired from working in 1984 because of disability.
Clayton was a member of Local 49 Operating Engineers.
He married Elaine Huffer on May 8, 1948.
Clayton was preceded in death by his parents, a son, Donald, a grandson and three brothers.
Clayton is survived by his wife, Faith (Elaine) Erven; two daughters, Mary Porterfield and Lois Jones; three brothers, Roger, Vernie, and Kenneth; five sisters, Betty Lemler, Evelyn Hill, Orlienne Dimmitt, Joyce Archambeau, and Judy Harris; and six grandchildren.
Clayton died at his home and is buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-B-48-04)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):