Skip to content
Clifford "Jiggs" Edward Estabrooks
- Name: Clifford "Jiggs" Edward Estabrooks
- Location of Birth: Wildwood Township in rural Northome, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: August 1, 1932
- Date of Death: October 17, 1997 (65 years old)
- Parents: Don Estabrooks and Anna Marie (Nordby) Estabrooks
- High School and Class: 1950 - Northome High School, Northome, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: CPL (Corporal)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: February, 1953
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: February, 1955
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Jiggs was stationed in Germany at one time. He was honorably discharged.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Jiggs attended country school at Bergville, Minnesota through the eighth grade.
He married Faye O'Loughlin on November 19, 1958, in Northome, Minnesota.
Jiggs had worked several years in Alaska as a heavy equipment operator for the Alaska Road Commission and also for a gold mining company. He drove school bus for more than thirty years for School District #318. He also did farming and repair work.
Jiggs was a member of VFW Post 3869 in Northome, Minnesota, and was a former officer of Ardenhurst Township. He enjoyed hunting, gardening, reading and doing crossword puzzles. He especially enjoyed spending time with his family and friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents and an infant son, David.
Jiggs is survived by his wife; sons, Kenneth (Tanya), Gregory (Hope), John (Mari); and Paul (Carole); a daughter, Diane (Matt) Lievsay; four grandsons; one granddaughter; brothers, Harold, Earl, Bill, and Don, Jr.; sisters, Arlene Foster, Gladys Quinn, and Muriel Ash; and many nieces, nephews, and cousins.
Jiggs died in North Country Regional Hospital in Bemidji, Minnesota and is buried in Ardenhurst-Alvwood Cemetery at Bergville, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):