Skip to content
Clifford Robert Braford
- Name: Clifford Robert Braford
- Location of Birth: Staples, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: September 11, 1895
- Date of Death: November 12, 1957 (62 years old)
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: PVT (Private)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: April 25, 1918 (Enlistment date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: June 18, 1919 (Discharge date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Served in the 357th Ambulance Company, 90th Infantry Division
- Wars Involved:
World War I
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Clifford was a Grand Rapids, Minnesota resident for 29 years. He was a maintenance man for the Oliver Iron Mining division at Coleraine, Minnesota.
He was married in Cass Lake, Minnesota in 1921 and brought his family to Itasca County in 1928.
Mr. Braford had membership in the McVeigh-Dunn American Legion post, the Ponti-Peterson VFW post and the Steelworkers Union.
Survivors include his wife, Mildred; three daughters, Mrs. Donald Laudenbach, Mrs. Paul Moore, and Mrs. Arde Olson; two sons, Jay and Ralph; four sisters, Mrs. Mary Jackson, Mrs. Mattie Jackson, Mrs. Mable Clark, and Mrs. Vidde Drumbeater; four brothers, Frank, Sherman, Albert, and Lumie.
Buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-C-13-2-2)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):