Skip to content
Clyde D. Garner
- Name: Clyde D. Garner
- Location of Birth: Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: July 25, 1951
- Date of Death: August 5, 2006 (55 years old)
- Parents: Alfred Garner and Wanda (Wakeman) Garner
- High School and Class: 1970 - Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: December 10, 1970 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: November 11, 1974 (Release Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Clyde served four years in the United States Navy.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Clyde married Carol Landrus in Grand Rapids on December 6, 1975.
He was a welder in Thief River Falls, Minnesota for nine years, cooked at Jackpine Junction and DJ's for four years, and has been a part-time bartender at Lawrence Lake Liquor for the past several years. Clyde loved the outdoors, deer and duck hunting, and fishing.
Clyde was preceded in death by his parents, brother, Gerald in 1998, and a sister, Betty Ann in 1952.
Surviving family includes his wife, Carol; daughter, Dawn Stram; son, John, three grandchildren; and a brother, Ron (Charity).
Clyde died at St. Mary's Medical Center in Duluth, Minnesota. Clyde was cremated.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):