Skip to content
- Name: Clyde Greene
- Location of Birth: Fagerstaf, Sweden
- Date of Birth: February 11, 1893
- Date of Death: January 17, 1956 (62 years old)
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: PFC (Private First Class)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: July 18, 1917 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: May 28, 1919
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Clyde was a member of the famous Rainbow Division. He served with Battery B, 151st Field Artillery, 42nd Division.
- Wars Involved:
World War I
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Clyde was a resident of Bigfork, Minnesota for 23 years. He was a retired baker.
Clyde was active in organizing the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post at Bigfork.
He is survived by his wife, Edna; five daughters, Mrs. Leonard Root, Mrs. Reynold Thydean, Mrs. Melvin Root; Mrs. John Wiley; and Nancy Lea; three sons, Howard, Vernon, and John; two sisters living in Sweden; two brothers, John and Rev. Sigfried Greene; three brothers residing in Sweden; and twenty grandchildren.
Clyde died at his Bigfork home and is buried in Bigfork Cemetery at Bigfork, Minnesota. (First Addition, Block 82)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):