Skip to content
Coraldin "Coral" Champlin
- Name: Coraldin "Coral" Champlin
- Location of Birth: Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: May 15, 1967
- Date of Death: September 28, 2008 (41 years old)
- Parents: James Champlin and Judith (Hoffman) Champlin
- High School and Class: 1985 - Greenway High School, Coleraine, Minnesota
- College: Itasca Community College - Grand Rapids, Minnesota (Licensed Practial Nursing Degree)
- Highest Rank: STGSN (Sonar Technician (Surface) Seaman)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Coral served for six years in the United States Navy as a Sonar Operator/Repairer.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Coral worked at the Deer River Health Care Center in Deer River, Minnesota as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
He enjoyed hunting, fishing, woodworking and especially playing with his children.
Preceding him in death was his mother and grandparents, Walter and Ruth Schack and Melvin and Edith Champlin.
Coral is survived by his wife, Sarah; three daughters, Angle Verbeck, Brenna Champlin, and Autumn Champlin; father, James (Linda); two sisters, Nicole (Mick) Henderson and Monique (Dennis) Kersting; one brother, Troy (Jodelle) Champlin; several nieces and nephews; and his best friend, Randy Rasche.
Buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot C-B-40-0-9)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):