Skip to content
Cornelius "Con" Didrik Erickson
- Name: Cornelius "Con" Didrik Erickson
- Location of Birth: on the Feset-Feseth farm in Bamble, Telemark, Norway
- Date of Birth: September 2, 1889
- Date of Death: March 6, 1971 (81 years old)
- Parents: Johan Dedrikson Erickson and Amanda (Hansen) Erickson
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: PVT (Private)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Cornelius served with the United States Army, 43rd Company, 20th Engineers in France during World War I.
- Wars Involved:
World War I
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Cornelius came to the United States in 1891 with his parents and settled in Superior, Wisconsin.
In 1904, the family moved to Bigfork, Minnesota where they homesteaded.
He married Pansy Meyers on December 18, 1924.
Con was a member of the Foster-Bjorge VFW Post #1764 in Bigfork, Minnesota.
Surviving relatives are his wife, Pansy; one son, Raymond; three daughters, Mrs. Clarence (Lorraine) Hamilton, Mrs. Gail (Kathleen) Henry, and Mrs. Michael (Bertha) Bjorke; fourteen grandchildren, four great-grandchildren; one brother, John; two sisters, Mrs. Charles Gustafson and Mrs. Hildegard Tatgren.
Con is buried in the Bigfork Cemetery at Bigfork, Minnesota. (Lot 104)
Also known as Didrik Kornelius Johansen.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):