Skip to content
- Name: Daniel Gregerson
- Location of Birth: Stokes Township, Itasca County, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: January 29, 1918
- Date of Death: May 1, 1998 (80 years old)
- Parents: Peter Gregerson and Marie (Benjaminson or Benson) Gregerson
- High School and Class: 1935 - Deer River High School, Deer River, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: F1 (Fireman 1st Class - Non Petty Officer)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Daniel was born on the Gregerson Homestead in Stokes Township near Bigfork, Minnesota. He was raised there and attended Thydean Country School and then lived in the dormitory while attending Deer River High School in Deer River, Minnesota.
Following school he worked in the CCC Camps.
After his discharge, he worked as a self-employed logger, timber scaler, well driller and carpenter. He then began employment with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources at Effie, Minnesota where he remained until retirement in 1980.
Daniel was preceded in death by his parents, Peter and Marie Gregerson; brothers, Harold, Folmer, and Gordon; sisters, Alfhild Schaar, Bertha Land and Clara Nesseth.
He is survived by his wife, Lorretta, daughter, Danielle Larsen, Terri Sternal, and Toni Gregerson; sons, Kenny, Lee, Al, Danny, and Donny; one brother, Edward; one sister, Irene McDonald; eight grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.
Daniel died in Northern Itasca Hospital in Bigfork, Minnesota and is buried in Bigfork Cemetery at Bigfork, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):