Skip to content
Darryl Ernest Ziegler
- Name: Darryl Ernest Ziegler
- Location of Birth: Dell Grove Township in Sandstone, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: March 7, 1935
- Date of Death: July 26, 2001 (66 years old)
- Parents: Louis Ziegler and Amy (Holmes) Ziegler
- High School and Class: 1952 - Sandstone High School, Sandstone, Minnesota
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: September 23, 1953 (Enlistment Date))
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: August 26, 1955 (Release Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Darryl served in the United States Army from 1953 to 1955.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Darryl was united in marriage to Mary Langenbrunner on May 3, 1958 in Cloquet, Minnesota.
Darryl was a 35-year resident of Duluth, Minnesota, where he worked for St. Germain's Paint and Glass for 32 years. He then went to work as a realtor with Century 21 in Duluth, Minnesota until his retirement in 1993.
Darryl had lived in the Grand Rapids, Minnesota area since 1993.
He was a member of the Cloquet American Legion Post 262 and Teamsters Local 346.
Darryl was preceded in death by his parents; his sister, Lucile Ziegler; and an infant sister.
Darryl is survived by his wife, Mary; daughters, Michelle (William) Cone and Lisa (Kyle) Veech; sons, Andy (Ginger Butterworth) and William; sisters Helen Delger and Laurel (Bill) Pagel; a brother Hart (Judy); and nine grandchildren.
Darryl died at his home on Little Wabana Lake in Wabana Township, Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):