Skip to content
David "Duke" Thomas Dukich
- Name: David "Duke" Thomas Dukich
- Location of Birth: Hibbing, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: January 12, 1940
- Date of Death: May 19, 2007
- Parents: Eli Dukich & Helen (Herman) Dukich
- High School and Class: 1958 Greenway High School, Coleraine, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: CPL (Corporal)
- Branch: Marine Corp
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: 1958
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: 1961
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
David Dukich served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1958-1961.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
David Dukich pursued his lifetime career as founder/owner of KAD Machine, Inc. in Minneapolis after he was discharged from the service. He enjoyed hosting neighborhood parties, weight lifting, running, and skiing. His 27-year passion for running included hundreds of races and 20 marathons, with the last marathon being completed just seven months prior to his death.
Duke died in West St. Paul, Minnesota and is buried in Lakeview Cemetery, Coleraine, Minnesota (Serbian section). He is survived by his daughters Kimberly Dukich and Kendra (Dale) Weichbrodt; Evelyn Dukich, the mother of his daughters; two grandchildren; nephews; a niece; numerous cousins; and many dear friends.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):