Skip to content
- Name: Dean Peck
- Location of Birth: Hibbing, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: September 17, 1925
- Date of Death: November 9, 1979 (54 years old)
- High School and Class: Hibbing High School, Hibbing, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: SP3 (Specialist 3rd Class Petty Officer)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: December 24, 1943
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: April 6, 1946
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Dean entered the United States Navy in 1943 and served until 1946.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Dean was born and raised in Hibbing, Minnesota. Returning to Hibbing, Minnesota after the service, he was employed by the Hanna Mining Company.
He came to Grand Rapids, Minnesota in December, 1950 and had owned and operated the Pokegama Lake Store and 169 Club, and the Grand Rapids Dairy Queen. He was presently a star route carrier for the United States Post Office.
Dean married Stella J. Perro at Bemidji, Minnesota on December 7, 1946. Dean died at his residence on the LaPlant Road.
Survivors include his wife, Stella; two daughters, Mrs. Donald (Barbara) Mortenson and Mrs. Richard (JoAnne) Butler; two sons, Dean and Randy; and three grandchildren.
Buried in Harris Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot 22.214.171.124)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):