Skip to content
Donald Dean Dorry
- Name: Donald Dean Dorry
- Location of Birth: Deer River, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: May 29, 1952
- Date of Death: May 19, 1999 (46 years old)
- Parents: William Dorry and June (Reed) Dorry
- High School and Class: Deer River High School, Deer River, Minnesota
- College: Itasca Community College, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Bemidji State University, Bemidji, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: SP 4 (Specialist 4)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Don served in the United States Army for three years.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
On July 10, 1971, Don married Barbara Carol Lee in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
Following an honorable discharge in 1975, he worked for J & L Steel Company and then at Potlatch for sixteen years.
Don was active in United Papermakers International Union Local 1095 and served as vice president and steward for many years. He coached Warba Little League Baseball, was a member of Blandin Golf League and enjoyed hunting and fishing.
Don is preceded in death by his mother, June. He is survived by his wife, Barbara; sons Darren (Marilyn) and Daniel; his farther, William; a grandson, Jordon; brothers Robert and Terry; and a sister, Linda Senapatiratne.
Don died in his home and is buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-D-01-2-5)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):