Skip to content
Donald "Don" Orlin York
- Name: Donald "Don" Orlin York
- Location of Birth: Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: December 21, 1948
- Date of Death: April 9, 2017 (68 years old)
- Parents: Clarence and Margaret York
- High School and Class: Bigfork High School, Bigfork, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: SP4 (Specialist 4)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Donald served 18 months in Vietnam.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Don was united in marriage to Nancy L. York on May 1, 1971 at the Effie Presbyterian Church in Effie, Minnesota.
He retired from Blandin Paper Company after thirty-seven years. He was a member of the Bigfork VFW in Bigfork, Minnesota.
Don is preceded in death by his parents, brother, Clarence, Jr., and his sister-in-law, Priscilla.
He is survived by his wife, Nancy; daughter Brenda (Ron) Cuff; son Jeffrey (Amber); four grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; brothers Thomas and Robert; sisters Marianne (Bob) Wihela and Joyce (Gerald) Gravdahl; and many other members of his extended family.
Don died at Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital in Grand Rapids, Minnesota and is buried in Bigfork Cemetery at Bigfork, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):