Skip to content
Donald Francis Dahline
- Name: Donald Francis Dahline
- Location of Birth: Remer, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: November 26, 1927
- Date of Death: February 17, 2003 (75 years old)
- Parents: Arnold Dahline and Hazel (Maness) Dahline
- High School and Class: attended schools in Remer, Minneosta
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
In the early 1940's, Donald moved to Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
He married Betty P. Christensen on May 24, 1946, in Hill City, Minnesota.
Don worked thirty-three years as a welder for United States Steel, retiring in 1980.
He was a member of the Fraternal Order of Eagles and the YMCA in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
Don is survived by his wife, Betty; three sons, Devin (Janet), Lane (Darlene), and Dean (Julie); three sisters, Marjorie Snyder, Judie Krumheuer, and Kathy VanBuskirk; two brothers, Harvey Dahline and Ron Stoesz; four grandchildren; two great-grandsons; and two life-long friends, Darrell Hegadorn and Merline Kesselring.
Donald died at his home and is buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot C-D-04-15)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):