Skip to content
Douglas E. Gooselaw
- Name: Douglas E. Gooselaw
- Location of Birth: St. James, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: August 4, 1939
- Date of Death: January 12, 2018 (78 years old)
- Parents: Henry Gooselaw and Anne (Sigvoaldson) Gooselaw
- High School and Class: Rosemount High School, Rosemount, Minnesota
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Douglas joined the United States Army and served in Germany.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Douglas married Carolann Zachow on May 24, 1968 in St. Paul, Minnesota.
He worked for Metro Transit as a bus driver until his retirement in 1994.
They moved to Grand Rapids, Minnesota in 2005.
Douglas enjoyed working with his hands.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister, Ellen Christensen.
Douglas is survived by his wife of 49 years, Carolann; brother, James; and a sister, Ruth Merrill.
Douglas died at his home in Grand Rapids and is buried in Harris Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot 3)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):