Skip to content
Dr. John Berg Evensta
- Name: Dr. John Berg Evensta
- Location of Birth: Pillager, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: June 26, 1916
- Date of Death: March 11, 2001 (84 years old)
- Parents: Kristian and Inga Evensta
- High School and Class: graduated from high school in Pillager, Minnesota
- College: Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota
University of Minnesota
George Washington University in Washington, D.C. - medical degree
- Highest Rank: CPT (Captain)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: United States Army Medical Corps
- Date Sworn In: 1943
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: 1946
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
From 1943 to 1946, John served with the United States Army Medical Corps as a captain.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
John married Martha Louise Sheets on June 15, 1943, in Brainerd, Minnesota.
Following the war, John completed his surgical residency in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The couple moved to Grand Rapids, Minnesota in 1950. While in Grand Rapids, Minnesota, he served on the school board for many years.
In 1993, they moved to Bellevue, Washington.
John is survived by two daughters, Karen Evensta and Margit Evensta; a son, Jack; a sister, Edna Spence; and three grandchildren, Patrick and Anna Culver and Samantha Stearns.
John died at his home in Bellevue, Washington and is buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot C-D-25-02)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):