Skip to content
Edward "Ed" Michael Jokinen
- Name: Edward "Ed" Michael Jokinen
- Location of Birth: Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: March 9, 1934
- Date of Death: Februaryr 12, 2015
- Parents: Edward R. Jokinen and Mary (Kovacovich) Jokinen
- High School and Class: 1952 Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: AOC (Aviation Ordnance Man Chief Petty Officer)
- Branch: Marine Corp
- Other Branch: U.S. Navy
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Ed Jokinen spent three years in the U.S. Marine Corps and 21 more in the U.S. Navy for a total of 24 years of service.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Ed Jokinen married Caroleen McIlwain in 1955. He loved baseball, rooting for the Minnesota Twins at every game and coaching Little League for many years in Oak Harbor, Washington, as well as coaching in the Itasca County League. He managed River South Apartments for 12 years and drove for both the juvenile detention center and Meals on Wheels.
Ed died in Grand Rapids, Minnesota and is buried in Trout Lake Community Cemetery, Bovey, Minnesota. He is survived by his wife, Caroleen; his four children, Ken (Sherry) Jokinen, Dennis Jokinen, Dale (Julie Campbell) Jokinen, and Becky Andrist (Dale Wilson); ten grandchildren; and siblings, Ruth (Roger) Seibert, Richard Jokinen, and Sharon (Murley) Knowler. He was preceded in death by a daughter, Carol Jean; his parents, Ed and Mary Jokinen; a sister, Barbara Jordan; and his mother-in-law Beatrice McIlwain.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):