Skip to content
Edward Simon Erskine
- Name: Edward Simon Erskine
- Location of Birth: Fort Ripley, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: February 13, 1894
- Date of Death: July 16, 1977 (83 years old)
- Parents: Cyrus Melvin Erskine and Ada (Simons) Erskine
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: SFC (Sergeant First Class)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War I
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Edward had lived in Eugene, Oregon since 1946. He was a former Itasca County resident.
He married his wife, Georgia, in 1950 in Seattle, Washington.
Edward was a life member of the Eugene Elks Lodge and Eugene Country Club. His sparrings with the United States Forest Service over timber harvesting regulations earned him the name "Tiger of the Siuslaw". Edward worked in the woods and at mills most of his life in Minnesota and in the Northwest. He founded the Erskine Lumber Company at Swisshome, Oregon.
Besides his wife, he is survived by a daughter and two brothers, Melvin and Bruce.
Edward is buried in Rest Haven Memorial Park at Eugene, Oregon.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):