Skip to content
Edwin Arthur Bruns
- Name: Edwin Arthur Bruns
- Location of Birth: Denver, Iowa
- Date of Birth: October 22, 1929
- Date of Death: September 27, 1992 (62 years old)
- Parents: Clarence and Bertha Bruns
- High School and Class: 1947 - Deer River High School, Deer River, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: QM2 (Quartermaster 2nd Class Petty Officer)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: January 3, 1951 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: October 28, 1954 (Discharge Date)
- Place of Discharge:
Units and Locations:
||Unit(s) and Location(s) Served
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Navy veteran of the Korean Conflict, honorably discharged in 1954.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Edwin moved with his family to Minneapolis, Minnesota and then to Bowstring, Minnesota.
He was united in marriage to Eleanor Hamblin at San Diego, California on November 7, 1952.
He has lived in LaPrairie since 1958, and was employed as a millwright at Blandin Paper Company, retiring in 1974. He was a past mayor of LaPrairie, Minnesota, a member of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church of Grand Rapids, Minnesota, and the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
Surviving are his wife, Eleanor; a son, David; four daughters, Christine Threinen, Debra Bruns, Sharon Miltich, and Julie Sigfrinius; a sister, Josephine Vohs; and ten grandchildren.
Buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-E-18-0-6)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):