Skip to content
Edwin Arthur Morrow
- Name: Edwin Arthur Morrow
- Location of Birth: Deering North Dakota
- Date of Birth: November 9, 1918
- Date of Death: September 3, 1986 (67 years old)
- Parents: Henry and Marie Morrow
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: SGT ( Sergeant)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: March 6, 1942 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: October 13, 1945 (Release Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Edwin fought in the Battle of the Bulge and European and African Theatres.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Edwin worked as a foreman for Bechtel Contracting Company in San Francisco, California and at various mines on the Iron Range.
He was a member of the VFW Post 8831 Marinoff-Miskovich, Loyal Order of the Moose Lodge 1510 in Hibbing, Minnesota and Iron Workers Local 563 of Duluth, Minnesota.
Edwin was preceded in death by a daughter, Katherine Marie in 1961, and brothers William in 1917 and Paul in 1961.
Survivors are his wife, Evelyn; a son, Peter; stepsons Jerry Holmes and Duane Holmes; a stepdaughter, Judy (Kermit) Nelson; two brothers, Peter and Richard; sisters, Katherine Saylor, Dorothy (Delbert) Wiltse, and Doris (Milton) Staley; nine step-grandchildren; and twenty-one step-great-grandchildren.
Edwin died at the Veteran's Administration Medical Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He is buried in Lakeview Cemetery at Coleraine, Minnesota. (Block 64)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):