Skip to content
Ellery Lawrence Carno
- Name: Ellery Lawrence Carno
- Location of Birth: Thief River Falls, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: August 12, 1903
- Date of Death: December 2, 1974 (71 years old)
- Parents: Owen Carno and Leah (Guathier) Carno
- High School and Class: 1922 - Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: PFC (Private First Class)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: United States Army Air Corps
- Date Sworn In: August 6, 1942 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: October 5, 1944 (Discharge Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Ellery served in the 22nd Airdrome Squadron.
Information in the United States, World War II Draft Cards Young Men, 1940-1947:
Name: Ellery Lawrence Carno
Relationship to Draftee: Self (Head)
Birth Date: August 12, 1903
Birth Place: Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA
Residence Place: Grand Rapids, Itasca, Minnesota, USA
Registration Date: February 14, 1942
Registration Place: Grand Rapids, Itasca, Minnesota, USA
Employer: Work Projects Administration
Height: 5' 11"
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Next of Kin: Leah Carno
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Ellery came to Grand Rapids, Minnesota with his family in 1910.
He worked in the Grand Rapids area as an accountant. In 1957, he moved to Duluth and was employed as a bookkeeper there. He was associated with Chroma-Glo, Inc., and was an officer of the board of Chroma-Glo until retirement.
He is survived by three sisters, Mrs. Alma Betts, Mrs. Jeanette Kling, and Mrs. Ione Kriesel; and two brothers, Alexander and George.
Buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot C-B-20-3-1)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):