Skip to content
Elmo Julyn* Erickson
- Name: Elmo Julyn* Erickson
- Location of Birth: Boy River, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: August 16, 1920
- Date of Death: August 22, 1985 (65 years old)
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: S SGT (Staff Sergeant)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: United States Army Air Force
- Date Sworn In: October 30, 1942 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: September 24, 1945 (Discharge Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Information in the United States, World War II Draft Cards Young Men, 1940-1947:
Name: Elmo Julyne Erickson
Relationship to Draftee: Self (Head)
Birth Date: August 16, 1920
Birth Place: Cass, Minnesota, USA
Residence Place: Rogers, Cass, Minnesota, USA
Registration Date: February 16, 1942
Registration Place: Rogers, Cass, Minnesota, USA
Employer: Oliver Erickson
Height: 5' 7"
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Next of Kin: Oliver Erickson
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Elmo moved to Grand Rapids, Minnesota in 1945 and worked for Gildemeister Motors for thirty-six years. Most recently he was employed by the Kirby Company in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
Elmo was a member of the Ponti-Peterson VFW Post, the McVeigh-Dunn American Legion Post and a member of the Zion Lutheran Church, all in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
Elmo was preceded in death by his first wife, Evelyn, and his parents.
He is survived by his wife, Kay; one stepson, Einer Anderson; two step-daughters, Darlene Otten and Jeanne Seward; three brothers, Truman, Olaf, and Earl; two sisters, Gladys (Virgil) Pew and Stella (Morris) Nyhous; and five step-grandchildren.
Elmo died at Itasca Memorial Hospital in Grand Rapids, Minnesota and is buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-G-05-2-0)
* Birth record shows middle name as Julyn
- Tribal Affiliation(s):