Skip to content
Elwood James Anderson, Sr.
- Name: Elwood James Anderson, Sr.
- Location of Birth: Wadena, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: August 13, 1911
- Date of Death: March 8, 1995 (83 years old)
- Parents: John David Anderson and Bennie (Sinclair) Anderson
- High School and Class: 1930 - Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: S SGT (Staff Sergeant)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: February 22, 1944 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: May 29, 1946 (Discharge Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Information in the United States, World War II Draft Cards Young Men, 1940-1947:
Name: Elwood James Anderson
Relationship to Draftee: Self (Head)
Birth Date: August 13, 1911
Birth Place: Wadena, Minnesota, USA
Residence Place: Grand Rapids, Itasca, Minnesota, USA
Registration Date: October 16, 1940
Registration Place: Grand Rapids, Itasca, Minnesota, USA
Employer: Blandin Paper Company
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Next of Kin: John D. Anderson
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Elwood J. Anderson worked for Blandin Paper Company, Grand Rapids, Minnesota for 42 years. He married Adeline Randall on April 14, 1951.
Elwood was a member of First Evangelical Lutheran Church, Military Order of Cooties and a life member of Veterans of Foreign Wars, in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
He had six sons, Edwood, Jr., Mike, Jerry Randall, Rodney Randall, Dean Randall, and Dwight Randall, three daughters, Karen Anderson, Renee Cutting, and Delrae McBride; two brothers, Orvel Anderson and Dick Anderson; two sisters, Donna Schaduck (Schadegge?) and Ila Bishop, 19 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren.
Buried at Itasca Calvary Cemetery in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot C-C-17-1-8)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):