Skip to content
Ervin Henry Gerads
- Name: Ervin Henry Gerads
- Location of Birth: Avon, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: February 17, 1941
- Date of Death: November 7, 2006 (65 years old)
- Parents: Norbert Gerads and Lurene (Schellin) Gerads
- High School and Class: 1959 - Central High School, Duluth, Minnesota
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: July 15, 1960 (Enlistment Date 1), July 15, 1963 (Enlistment Date 2)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: July 14, 1963 (Release Date 1), June 30, 1966 (Release Date 2)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Ervin served in the Untied States Army as an MP (Military Police) from July 15, 1960 until July 14, 1963.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Ervin was united in marriage to Sharon L. Brown in Duluth, Minnesota on January 6, 1962.
He was employed with Arrowhead Equipment Company in Duluth for 38 years.
Following his retirement, Ervin and Sharon moved from Hermantown to Bovey, Minnesota in September, 2002.
He was a member of the American Legion, VFW Post 1720, Swampsiders Snowmobile Club, and MIW Drifter CB Club.
Ervin was preceded in death by his parents and one brother, Arnold.
He is survived by his wife, Sharon; two daughters, Kimberly Gerads and Brenda (Vince) Mundell; one son, Larry; one stepson, Charlie (Maureen) Sabrowsky; three sisters, Janice (Wallace) Hiller, Carol Skare, and Elaine (Marvin) Spikberg; and ten grandchildren.
Ervin died at his home in Balsam Township, Itasca County, Minnesota and he was cremated.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):