Skip to content
Eugene "Gene" Joseph Gagnon, Jr.
- Name: Eugene "Gene" Joseph Gagnon Jr.
- Location of Birth: Grafton, North Dakota
- Date of Birth: June 2, 1928
- Date of Death: March 22, 2005 (76 years old)
- Parents: Eugene, Sr. and Josephine Gagnon
- High School and Class: Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- College: Itasca Community College - Coleraine, Minnesota
University of Minnesota - Industrial Engineering Degree
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: United States National Guard
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Gene served twice in the military. He was in Japan in the Army and joined the National Guard during the Korean Conflict.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
As a young boy, Gene moved to Cohasset, Minnesota which forever changed his life.
After attending Itasca Community College, Gene moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota and completed an industrial engineering degree from the University of Minnesota.
Gene enjoyed a successful business career including 30 years as owner of Gagnon and Associates. He mentored numerous colleagues along the way and many became friends throughout his life. Gene loved to be outdoors and never missed a deer season hunting up north with his sons. The cabin was a huge part of his life and he shared it with everyone. Nothing brought him more joy than being with his family and friends, laughing and telling stories.
Gene enjoyed the later years of his life traveling and spending time with his lovely wife, Karen, and their many adventures.
Gene died at Methodist Hospital in Minneapolis, Minnesota and is buried in Wildwood Cemetery at Cohasset, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):