Skip to content
Frank Albert Roskos, Jr.
- Name: Frank Albert Roskos Jr.
- Location of Birth: Elysian, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: July 28, 1927
- Date of Death: March 9, 2002 (74 years old)
- Parents: Frank Roskos, Sr. and Bertha (Gauger) Roskos
- High School and Class: 1944 Mankato High School, Mankato, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: PFC (Private First Class)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Frank was united in marriage to Betty Lou Bakken on April 7, 1956 and had lived in St. Paul from 1956 to 1995 when he moved to the Jacobson, Minnesota area.
He worked 25 years for the Taystee Bread Company as a diesel mechanic, retiring in 1990.
Frank was a member of the Jacobson Community Church and the Jacobson Busy Bees Senior Citizens Club, in Jacobson, Minnesota.
He is survived by his wife, Betty; three daughters, Colleen (Randy) Anderson, Susan (Randy) Noren, and Beverly (David) Roskos-Ewoldsen; a son, Gary (Julie); two sisters, Phyllis (Reinert) Ege and Dorothy Warrant; a brother, Kenneth; and eleven grandchildren.
Frank died at Itasca Medical Center in Grand Rapids, Minnesota and is buried in Harris Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot 184.108.40.206)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):