Skip to content
Fred W. Goldbrand
- Name: Fred W. Goldbrand
- Location of Birth: Hibbing, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: January 1, 1920
- Date of Death: December 20, 1970 (50 years old)
- Parents: Frederick and Ellen Goldbrand
- High School and Class: Hibbing High School, Hibbing, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: PFC (Private First Class)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Fred served in the United States Army during World War II with the 104th Reconnaissance Troop.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Fred was a Pengilly, Minnesota resident since 1945. He was formerly from Hibbing, Minnesota.
He was employed at the Butler Taconite Plant.
Fred was preceded in death by his parents and a son, William Dean.
Survivors include his wife, Idella (Shofner) Goldbrand; two daughters, Mrs. Lois Venditto and Mrs. Richard Haro; a son, Fred, Jr.; one sister, Mrs. Victor McDermott; and two grandchildren.
Fred died at Itasca Memorial Hospital in Grand Rapids, Minnesota and is buried in Lakeview Cemetery at Coleraine, Minnesota. (Original-Block 29, Lot 23)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):