Skip to content
Frederick Abel Erickson
- Name: Frederick Abel Erickson
- Location of Birth: Nashwauk, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: January 3, 1938
- Date of Death: November 6, 2016 (78 years old)
- Parents: Andrew Erickson and Elna (Maki) Erickson
- High School and Class: Chisholm High School, Chisholm, Minnesota
- College: Hibbing Junior College - Hibbing, Minnesota
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Fred lived most of his life in Chisholm, Minnesota.
Fred married Frances Jerkovich on November 6, 1965.
He had been employed with Arthur G. McKee Company, Midland Industrial Electric and the State of Minnesota.
Frederick was a member of the Chisholm Moose Club, Chisholm American Legion Post 0247, Chisholm Curling Club, the Chisholm Drum and Bugle Corps, Hematite Masonic Lodge 274, Hibbing Lodge of Perfection, all Scottish Rite Bodies of Duluth and the Aad Temple Shrine in Duluth, Minnesota.
Fred enjoyed playing cards with his friends and spending time with his grandkids.
He is survived by his wife, Frances; his daughter, Holly (Jon) Minne; two brothers, Hartley and David; two grandchildren; and five nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and sisters-in-law, Marge and Connie; and niece, Lori Erickson.
Frederick died at Evergreen Terrace in Grand Rapids, Minnesota and is buried in Calvary Cemetery at Chisholm, Minnesota. (Block E, Lots 93/94 middle)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):