Skip to content
George D. Blaha
- Name: George D. Blaha
- Location of Birth: St. Paul, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: August 13, 1906
- Date of Death: April 16, 1951 (44 years old)
- Parents: Mr. and Mrs. Frank Blaha
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: S SGT (Staff Sergeant)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: 424 Army Air Force Air Service ??
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
When George was two years old, his parents settled on a homestead east of Effie, Minnesota. George married Carmen True.
George was a past commander of the Effie American Legion. He was active in the promotion of the Farm Bureau and the REA in north Itasca County.
George was killed when his tractor upset and pinned him beneath. George had been a woodsman much of his life.
Survivors are his wife, Carmen; brother Nathan; seven sisters, Mrs. Ashley Morse, Helen Blaha, Rose Blaha, Nan Blaha, Mrs. Lyle Dinnel, Mrs. Theodore Shorack, and Mrs. Max Helstad.
Buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-B-09-28)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):