Skip to content
Glen H. Dopp
- Name: Glen H. Dopp
- Location of Birth: Ryder, North Dakota
- Date of Birth: March 1, 1921
- Date of Death: December 10, 2008 (87 years old)
- Parents: Harry and Lillian Dopp
- High School and Class: attended school in Parker, South Dakota
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: December 21, 1943 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: September 10, 1944 (Release Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Glen was employed as a truck driver for several years and later managed the Moose Club and then the V.F.W., both in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. Glen also worked for Coca-Cola Bottling Company in Eagan, Minnesota driving truck until his retirement in 1983.
He was a member of the River of Life Church in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. Glen enjoyed sports and hunting.
Glen is preceded in death by his parents; wife, Clarice; son, Glen "Bob"; and sisters, Faye Gorski and Gladys House.
Glen is survived by daughters, Dianne (Ralph) Hoff and Dale Anderson; son, Tim (Susan); fourteen grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
Glen died in his home and is buried in Sunset Memorial Park Cemetery at Minneapolis, Minnesota. (Block 20)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):