Skip to content
Gordon Raymond Gustafson
- Name: Gordon Raymond Gustafson
- Location of Birth: Mentor, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: April 22, 1924
- Date of Death: May 2, 2000 (76 years old)
- Parents: Gustave Gustafson and Rena (Madsen) Gustafson
- High School and Class: Greenway High School, Coleraine, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: S 1 (Seaman 1st Class)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch: United States Merchant Marines
- Date Sworn In: October 9, 1942
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: June 17, 1946
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Gordon was a lifelong resident of Pengilly, Minnesota.
On November 16, 1946, Gordon married Kathryn Emanuel in Keewatin, Minnesota.
Gordon was a concentrator foreman for the M.A. Hanna Mining Company at Butler Taconite.
He was a member of the Nashwauk Lutheran Church in Nashwauk, Minnesota and the Swan lake Country Club.
Gordon is survived by his wife, Kathryn; a daughter, Mary Kay Gustafson; four sons, Jay, Woody, Greg, and Alan; two brothers, Norman and Virgil; three sisters, Bernice Fox, Donna O'Brien, and Muriel Johnson; eight grandchildren, and three step-grandchildren.
Preceding him in death were his parents and a brother, Clayton.
Gordon is buried in Lakeview Cemetery at Coleraine, Minnesota. (Block 150)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):