Skip to content
Harold Francis Zigmund
- Name: Harold Francis Zigmund
- Location of Birth: New York City, New York
- Date of Birth: April 11, 1919
- Date of Death: September 5, 2003 (84 years old)
- Parents: Frank J. Zigmund and Ann (Seabeker) Zigmund
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: United States Army Coast Artillery Corps
- Date Sworn In: October 10, 1940 (Enlistment Date)
February 10, 1941 (Enlistment Date #2)
- Place Sworn In: Queens Village, New York, USA
- Date of Discharge: February 16, 1943
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Information from World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946:
Name: Harold F. Zigmund
Marital Status: Single, without dependents (Single)
Birth Year: 1919
Nativity State or Country: New York
Residence: Queens, New York
Education: 4 years of high school
Civil Occupation: Bookkeepers and cashiers, except bank cashiers
Enlistment Date: February 10, 1941
Enlistment Place: New York City, New York
Branch: Coast Artillery Corps or Army Mine Planter Service
Component: National Guard (Officers, Warrant Officers, and Enlisted Men)
Source: National Guard
Harold served with the Headquarters Battery, 1st Battalion, 207th Coast Artillery. Harold reenlisted on February 10, 1941 in Training in Air Combat Tactics. He was Honorably Discharged on February 16, 1943.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Harold was a retired president of Blandin Paper Company in 1984. He started as a General Manager with Blandin Paper Company in 1954.
Harold was an avid sailor, winning the 1985 Trans-Superior Sailboat Race.
He is survived by his wife, Flora; daughters, Anne (Frank) Chrabas, Florence Zigmund, and Clair (David) Stokes; four grandchildren; sister, Joan (Jack) Ness; four nephews; and one niece.
Preceding Harold in death was a brother, Frank.
Harold was cremated and is buried in Resurrection Cemetery at Mendota Heights, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):