Skip to content
Herman "Tiny" Henry Frank
- Name: Herman "Tiny" Henry Frank
- Location of Birth: Lisbon, North Dakota
- Date of Birth: March 30, 1914
- Date of Death: June 3, 1991 (77 years old)
- Parents: Frederick Ferdinand Frank and Goldie Church
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: PFC (Private First Class)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: November 20, 1945
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Tiny served in World War II in the 2nd wave of the European Campaign on Normandy, France with the 275th Engineers Battalion.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Tiny had worked for several years for Hanna Mining Company and had lived in Pengilly, Minnesota.
He was a member of the VFW Ponti-Peterson Post No. 1720 of Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
Tiny is survived by one step-daughter, Cynthia Hannu; one brother, Ernest; one sister, Annie Piehl; and one grandchild.
Tiny died at Ah Gwah Ching Nursing Home at Walker, Minnesota and is buried in Lakeview Cemetery at Coleraine, Minnesota. (Block 30)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):