Skip to content
Howard Coe Davis
- Name: Howard Coe Davis
- Location of Birth: Hartford, Connecticut
- Date of Birth: July 19, 1923
- Date of Death: June 21, 2006 (82 years old)
- Parents: Howard Davis and Gladys (Cotton) Davis
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: RM2 (Radioman Petty Officer 2nd Class)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: February 11, 1942 (Enlistment Date 1)
March 8, 1951 (Enlistment Date 2)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge: November 26, 1946 (Release Date 1)
November 21, 1951 (Release Date 2)
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Howard enlisted in the Navy in 1941 and was witness to one of the first atomic bomb tests at Bikini Atoll in 1946. Howard was a United States submarine veteran during World War II.
He served on the USS Triton, USS Tambor, USS Pelias, and the USS Mobjack.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Howard founded Rapid Electric Supply of Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
He spent the last thirty years of his life in northern Minnesota and wintered in Texas.
Howard loved gardening and fishing. He was a member of the local Moose and Eagle Clubs.
Howard is preceded in death by his special friend and partner of the last twenty-five years, Babette Remington, who passed away on March 21, 2006.
Howard is survived by three sons, Howard, Glenn, and Cotton; a sister; and numerous grandchildren.
Howard died at Home and Comfort in Coleraine, Minnesota. Howard was cremated with burial at Willamette National Cemetery in Portland, Oregon.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):