Skip to content
Howard Folger Davies
- Name: Howard Folger Davies
- Location of Birth:
- Date of Birth: December 23, 1920
- Date of Death: September 8, 2009 (88 years old)
- Parents: Edwin Samuel Davies and Catherine "Grace" Uline (nee Folger) Davies
- High School and Class: 1938 - Grand Rapids Senior High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- College: Graduated from University of Minnesota
- Highest Rank: SGT (Sergeant)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Howard served in the United States Army 1st Battalion, 322nd Infantry Division during World War II in the Pacific Theater stationed in Leyte, the Philippines and participated in the occupation of Japan.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Howard married Viola Johnson on September 10, 1949.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, Frank; and a granddaughter, Catherine Elisabeth Davies.
Howard is survived by his wife, Viola; sons, David and Mark; grandson, Michael P. Davies; and nieces and nephews.
Howard is buried in Fort Snelling National Cemetery at Minneapolis, Minnesota. (Section 31, Site 2289)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):