Skip to content
Howard Nelson Eells
- Name: Howard Nelson Eells
- Location of Birth: Pipestone, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: May 23, 1922
- Date of Death: November 15, 1985 (63 years old)
- Parents: Nelson Eells and Fannie (Cheney) Eells
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: United States Army Air Force
- Date Sworn In: January 31, 1943 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: December 10, 1945 (Discharge Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Howard was a World War II veteran of the Army Air Force, South Pacific Theater.
Information in the United States, World War II Draft Cards Young Men, 1940-1947:
Name: Howard Nelson Eells
Relationship to Draftee: Self (Head)
Birth Date: May 23, 1922
Birth Place: Pipestone, Minnesota, USA
Residence Place: Sn Diego, San Diego, California, USA
Registration Date: June 30, 1942
Registration Place: San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Next of Kin: N. O. Eells
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Howard had been a Grand Rapids, Minnesota resident since 1946.
He worked for Dairyland Electric Co-Op for thirty-nine years and was a line superintendent for the past nineteen years.
Howard was a member of McVeigh-Dunn Post #60 American Legion.
He is survived by his wife, Mae; one son, Duane; two daughters, Ruth Eells and Carolyn Buchanan; one brother, Mel; one sister, Marion Toven; and three grandchildren.
Howard died at Itasca Memorial Hospital in Grand Rapids, Minnesota and is buried in Wildwood Cemetery at Cohasset, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):